Tuesday, January 27, 2009

Violation of Vow to Baba.

Share Author: Manisha.Rautela.Bisht on 8:14 PM
Dear Sai readers ,

Baba gave a warning to Dr. Ramaswamy Iyengar, from CHENNAI, for violation of his vow.
It is very inspiring story for all the devotees and renders direct message to all the devotees reading this leela, how Baba takes care of vow which are made to HIM .

One can know the depth of Baba's love for HIS children whther its for good or bad ,to keep his children on right track what all leela Baba has to play !!.Read below Sai leela of Shri Ramaswamy .
Having heard of the greatness of Shri Sai Baba of Shirdi, I went along with Raosaheb Subbaiah Chettiar and reached Shirdi on 27/4/1938. On the way I considered that Shirdi being as sacred a shrine as Kashi or Rameshwar, I should mark the visit and render it fruitful by a vow of solemn abstinence from using betel leaves and areca nut (pan-supari).

I finally resolved that from the time I leave Shirdi I would not chew betel. This was a great sacrifice as chewing betel was a childhood habit. Ever since I was a boy, I would chew betel several times every day.

I left Shirdi in a bullock-cart along with Shri Chettiar on the morning of 28-4-1938. As we were seated in the cart, Shri Chettiar chewed betel and the temptation to do the same overpowered me. I thought I must postpone my vow of abstinence and begin only after I reach Chennai. So, I took my betel-nut basket and merrily chewed away.

As soon as I started chewing I found that my tongue pricked. The lime smear (chuna) coating on the betel leaf sometimes pricks the tongue of inexperienced novices in chewing. But, my tongue, which was used to chewing pan for decades had become quite deadened and thick. So, the pricking was a surprise. However, I did not mind it and had a hearty chew. In half an hour, I noticed the state of my tongue and mouth.

The entire interior of the mouth including the tongue got inflammed, an unprecedented phenomenon in my 40 years history of pan-chewing. Thereafter, chewing not only betelnut but anything solid (even bland food) was out of the question.

For 18 days, I was compelled to abstain from betel as well as all forms of solid food due to the state of my mouth. I had to survive on milk.

Looking at Shri Chettiar’s state made me wonder even more. He had chewed the same betel, using the same chuna, but he did not suffer any inflammation or any other trouble. But then, he had not made a vow to give up betel chewing as I did !

About an hour after my chewing experience, I had another. My chewing paraphernalia consisted of a small basket for the betel leaves and areca nuts and a silver crucible containing lime (chuna). As I went to purchase some betel and other articles from Rahata Bazaar, I left it near Shri Chettiar. After I returned within a few minutes, I looked for my betel basket, but lo ! It was missing, as was the crucible. No thief could have come there as the articles were very close to Shri Chettiar. In spite of repeated search, the articles could not be found.

Both the above incidents showed me that Baba is a living force. He is a Kind Father guarding His children – the devotees and even raw recruits like me, with affection yet strict watchfulness. He promptly punishes and checks any flagrant violation of vows solemnly made to Him, and arranges the circumstances and environment of His children as to make further disobedience on their part impossible, in their own interest.

I have been taught a severe lesson and from the above date, I have never again violated my vow. Baba thus gave me increased faith in Him and strength of mind to carry out the vows I make. Before the visit I had hearsay information of Baba’s greatness and kindness which had made a feeble impression on my mind. But, with actual experience conferred on me, the impression I have of Baba is vivid and powerful and will last a life time. I now concentrate my japa and meditation on Baba alone.

logo© Shirdi Sai Baba Sai Babas Devotees Experiences Sai Baba Related all Details
Loading
<>

If you enjoyed this post and wish to be informed whenever a new post is published, then make sure you subscribe to my regular Email Updates. Subscribe Now!


Kindly Bookmark and Share it:

0 comments:

Have any question? Feel free to ask.

~श्री सच्चिदानंद सदगुरू श्री साईनाथ महाराज की जय~ श्री साई बाबा के ग्यारह वचन : १.जो शिरडी आएगा ,आपद दूर भगाएगा,२.चढ़े समाधी की सीढी पर ,पैर तले दुःख की पीढ़ी पर,३.त्याग शरीर चला जाऊंगा ,भक्त हेतु दौडा आऊंगा,४.मन में रखना द्रढ विश्वास, करे समाधी पुरी आस५.मुझे सदा ही जीवत जानो ,अनुभव करो सत्य पहचानो,,६.मेरी शरण आ खाली जाए, हो कोई तो मुझे बताये ७.जैसा भाव रहे जिस मनका, वैसा रूप हुआ मेरे मनका,,८.भार तुम्हारा मुझ पर होगा ,वचन न मेरा झूठा होगा ९ आ सहायता लो भरपूर, जो माँगा वो नही है दूर ,१०.मुझ में लीन वचन मन काया ,उसका ऋण न कभी चुकाया,११ .धन्य -धन्य व भक्त अनन्य ,मेरी शरण तज जिसे न अन्य~श्री सच्चिदानंद सदगुरू श्री साईनाथ महाराज की जय~
Leave Your Message.
 

About Author.

I feel I am like a river, having my own course, stream and flow but the final destiny is to be one with the boundless ocean of my Sathguru Shirdi Sai Baba.

Amidst all the worldly rituals I am performing,I do not dare to loose sight of my Sainath. He is the sole driving force, the guide and the Supreme master.

The strings of my life are in his hand,I am just a puppet at His Holy Feet.
Read View My Complete Profile.
Related Posts with Thumbnails

Bookmark.

Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on StumbleUpon
Share on Delicious
Share on Digg
Bookmark on Google
Email Receive Email Updates
If you like what you are reading, mention this in your post or link to this site by copying-pasting this HTML code into your own blog/website.
Creative Commons License This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial-No Derivative Works 2.5 South Africa License.Best Viewed in 1024 x 768 screen resolution © All Rights Reserved, 2009-2010 .