Friday, October 31, 2008

Tree of Gold.

Share Author: Manisha.Rautela.Bisht on 7:24 AM
Dear Readers, all the places, people and things which are mentioned in Sai Satcharitra or any book on Shirdi Sai Baba's life we Baba's children long to know and see them .
Especially if anything it mentioned by Baba himself!

Something like this happened with me also .When we were in Nagpur, our helper at home noticed that I worship Sai Baba .One fine day he asked "do you believe in Baba? I did not understand exactly what he meant but thinking that he is asking about Sai Baba I nodded yes.

He said I know one Dargah here where I go every month and if you say yes I shall take you there. It was that time I understood what he was asking! I don’t know what made me say yes? But I said "yes we shall go soon”.

After few days, again he reminded me,” its Friday shall we go today?” Without any second thought I agreed. I did not enquire nor tried to find out where we were going, knowing its a holy place. !!

But of course I was and am always interested to visit Holy places so we (my parents ,my husband and myself)decided to go in the evening .


Taking a flower chadar and some offering we entered the Dargah.It was very calm and peaceful,one can feel the presence of divinity all around. It was a very unique experience and we all were happy to visit the place
Few months later after my visit to dargah I was surfing on net about perfect masters ,I came across Tajjudin Baba and learnt that his dargah is in Nagpur.It took no time for me to understand that I had recently visited the same. And my happiness knew no bound.
While writing today’s post I came across the name of Tajjudin Baba once again ,after so many years .And I felt really happy reading how Baba spoke about great master to Shama .And now I feel blessed (by Sai Baba) that without knowing anything about Tajjudin Baba I had been fortunate to visit his Holy place whom Baba referred.
I felt important to write this small note here about this incident though it has no connection with this post except going to Holy Dargah of Tajjudin Baba whom Sai Baba referred to Shama.

To me this incident lays stress on the fact that when things come our way unplanned and unimagined...it is destined HIS way .And now when I look back, I feel had I doubted or had been hesitant to visit the place I would have repented today for not going there, Baba took care of it in advance and I feel fortunate .Jai Sairam.
To know more about Tajjudin Baba one can visit this link .

Here is the main story ..
Once, on Baba’s instructions, Shama went to Bapusaheb Butti at Nagpur. While there, he went for the Darshan of Shri Tajuddin Baba towards the South of Nagpur.

This is an incident after he returned to Shirdi. It was evening time. A lot of devotees were sitting around Baba. Baba enquired, ‘‘Ka Shamrao, which are all the places that you visited ?’’ “Deva, I had gone to Nagpur.” “You visited Nagpur. Then, did you see the tree of Gold towards South of Nagpur ?’’

Madhavrao had a keen sense of observation and a sharp mind. He realized that this must be a reference to Tajuddin Baba. He promptly said, ‘‘Hoy, Deva ! I had gone for the Darshan of Tajuddin Baba at the South of Nagpur in the garden of Raghoji Raje Bhosale and had Darshan of Shri Tajuddin Baba.’’ “And thereafter, which places did you visit ?’’ Baba asked. Madhavrao said, “Deva, from Nagpur I went to Amravati. There Narayan Maharaj from Bet Kedgaon had arrived. I took his Darshan also.’’

Madhavrao used to tease Baba. So he added, “Kay Deva, you know, a lot of people go to take Darshan of Narayan Maharaj” giving stress on a lot of people. He was anxious to know Baba’s reply to this. But, Baba was equally playful ! Initially, He did not reply at all. Madhavrao repeatedly started asking the same thing again and again.


Finally, after 5-10 minutes, Baba said to him in a persuading tone, ‘‘It is like this Shama. After all one’s father is his father. He may beat him, thrash him; but, he is the only one who will feel pity. How anyone else can have that feeling ! I am your father ! What do you have to do with anyone else ?”

Here, Baba has given a message not only for Madhavrao but to all His devotees. He says - ‘‘Do not look at anyone with ‘Dosh -Drushti’ (a view to find faults). And, never ever try to find blemishes in a Satpurush. Then our tradition gets stained. Remain devoted only to your Guru. Have steadfast faith in him. And, in spite of this, always bend in front of others !’’

Baba has imparted this very important advice on this occasion. Baba used to repeatedly say - ‘‘One should lay his devotion before his Ishta Devata.’’ How very true and apt.

Baba and Shama ,they both shared a beautiful relation .Baba always took care of Shama ,once Baba gave Shama lot of udi .This Udi Shama kept in two large earthen pots, which was put in by Baba with his own hands.

Shama had kept the pots very carefully in a corner of an inner room of his house. After the Mahanirvan of Baba, Shama distributed some of the Udi on special occasions amongst the devotees. The women from the house were not aware about the Udi. Once, they set upon the task of cleaning the house. And, in the process, they moved out the earthen pots with an intention of throwing them away.

At that time, Madhavrao was in Mumbai. That night he had a dream and heard, Shama, Get up ! The Udi - which you had so carefully kept - will be soon thrown into garbage dump. Go, Go quickly and keep it properly !” Within seconds, Madhavrao got up from his sleep and rushed to Shirdi. He realized that his dream was true. He took the pots into his custody and moved them to the upper floor of the house. And thus Baba saved precious UDI from being thrown out of house.

After Baba's Maha samadhi while remembering and narrating stories of Baba, Shama would get overwhelmed with emotions and would cry. “I said a lot to my God saying so, he used to repent his utterances. What a relation they both shared.

When I sit and read how Shama mourned the sepeartion with HIS DEVA ,I go back in flash back of that time .And I am overfilled with emotion of how Shama would have felt!!..Tears run down my eye. I feel how Shama would have controlled himself? Living in the Divine company of Baba all his life and now with HIS memory!!!
How fortunate Shama was ,who could think of those days with Baba and share with others!!
Remembering everything Shama would also remember the forgiving nature of Baba, his eyes would be filled with tears and he would cry out, “Oh my Lord!”

The day Baba took Mahasamdhi, Shama mourned by throwing his head to the ground and cried loudly. He said"Oh my deva ,oh my Sai I could not recognize you ,many a time I disregarded you, treated you like mad man, thought you as a common man and played tricks with you, shared my happy and sad moments with you.

I troubled you with petty things and teased you and displeased you for petty things, oh Baba, I spoke so many times bad words to you, tried to show you my wisdom, how could I be such a fool and stupid?
O my deva! No one can be a sinner like me in this world. I accused you of being a liar ,thief ,mad fakir,shameless,begger and what not ......hey deva please forgive me .This way Shama repented and mourned Baba's seperation from him which he could not bear..
Loading
<>

If you enjoyed this post and wish to be informed whenever a new post is published, then make sure you subscribe to my regular Email Updates. Subscribe Now!


Kindly Bookmark and Share it:

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

Dear Manisha
It is quite true to feel how Baba make us do things without making us to know at that moment but making us to realise them lately to feel, to wish for more of such moments. Rgds Rm

Have any question? Feel free to ask.

~श्री सच्चिदानंद सदगुरू श्री साईनाथ महाराज की जय~ श्री साई बाबा के ग्यारह वचन : १.जो शिरडी आएगा ,आपद दूर भगाएगा,२.चढ़े समाधी की सीढी पर ,पैर तले दुःख की पीढ़ी पर,३.त्याग शरीर चला जाऊंगा ,भक्त हेतु दौडा आऊंगा,४.मन में रखना द्रढ विश्वास, करे समाधी पुरी आस५.मुझे सदा ही जीवत जानो ,अनुभव करो सत्य पहचानो,,६.मेरी शरण आ खाली जाए, हो कोई तो मुझे बताये ७.जैसा भाव रहे जिस मनका, वैसा रूप हुआ मेरे मनका,,८.भार तुम्हारा मुझ पर होगा ,वचन न मेरा झूठा होगा ९ आ सहायता लो भरपूर, जो माँगा वो नही है दूर ,१०.मुझ में लीन वचन मन काया ,उसका ऋण न कभी चुकाया,११ .धन्य -धन्य व भक्त अनन्य ,मेरी शरण तज जिसे न अन्य~श्री सच्चिदानंद सदगुरू श्री साईनाथ महाराज की जय~
Leave Your Message.
 

About Author.

I feel I am like a river, having my own course, stream and flow but the final destiny is to be one with the boundless ocean of my Sathguru Shirdi Sai Baba.

Amidst all the worldly rituals I am performing,I do not dare to loose sight of my Sainath. He is the sole driving force, the guide and the Supreme master.

The strings of my life are in his hand,I am just a puppet at His Holy Feet.
Read View My Complete Profile.
Related Posts with Thumbnails

Bookmark.

Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on StumbleUpon
Share on Delicious
Share on Digg
Bookmark on Google
Email Receive Email Updates
If you like what you are reading, mention this in your post or link to this site by copying-pasting this HTML code into your own blog/website.
Creative Commons License This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial-No Derivative Works 2.5 South Africa License.Best Viewed in 1024 x 768 screen resolution © All Rights Reserved, 2009-2010 .